Since it bothers me so much, it made it on my blog. Where do I start? First of all, McQueen is just a character in this novel that we had to do in class. Through McQueen, the author attempt to capture realism which, I must say, he did a pretty amazing job, the author brought out consciously what was happening in Canada. So to sum everything that happened in Canada, I'll put it all in one word, and that is NOTHING!! Nothing happened! That's what pissed McQueen I suppose, who was an English businessman from Montreal driving for innovation and progress. Yes it left this beautiful country peaceful, which is the first aim of our constitution, but at the same time, it's dull and boring. Now here comes the interesting part: he claims that Canada unlike the States never initiate anything,never invented anything and never started anything like the depression or the world wars.
The thing is, I rather Canada be dull and boring then start a war or the depression. When I brought this up in class, the prof agreed with me, but she suggested that we would still be following whatever happens. Which, in most part, true. It's too bad that Canada can't think independently, I think it's 'cause we are not completely financially independent like the Jews.
But what strike me the most is that with the HST and the Bill C389, it clearly shows that Canada can in fact be efficient. Although they are all through personal agendas, I rather Canada be politically correct than have STUPID GAY BILLS LIKE HST AND C389!! Especially this new one private 389 bill!!! This basically say that if one claims to be a transsexual than he or she can go to the opposite sex's WASHROOM! This law claims to protect minority which is BULL CRAP!! What can't they use the handicap or have another washroom just for them!? Who is gonna protect the little boys and girls who knew nothing of this? Who is gonna protect women against men who may be mentally and emotionally unstable due to their sexual confusion? Who is going to protect OUR PRIVACY!? I hate it when Canada tries to be a leader in social change! THere are already so many incident where men hides in the washroom and rape their victims, and with this law in place, can those who sign this bill be held accountable for future robbery/ rape/ murder incidents in the washroom? I THINK NOT! So why da hell would you pass some gay law like that?! By the time these things are enforce, it's this generation who's going to be punish for their mistake.
I am starting to hate the liberal more and more.
CUrrent Music: Silly LOve Songs - Glee
No comments:
Post a Comment